Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant)" <ET...@blr.cognizant.com> on 2003/09/22 11:33:03 UTC

doubt on HttpClient design regarding HttpMethod

Hi all,

I am new to HttpClient and was reading through its "Getting started" section. What struck me immediately is that HttpMethods are full-fledged objects of their own in HttpClient. I think this is a great idea.

However, I don't understand why HttpClient couldn't have something like a HttpResponse object that is returned when execute() is called. It just seems a bit kludgy to call getResponse() on the HttpMethod object itself.

Was there a design reason on why this was done ?

PLUS: I am enjoying this library. Thank you for it!

Regards,
Tarun