Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jfc100 <jf...@btopenworld.com> on 2002/05/07 14:06:03 UTC

Re: Loosing identify when switching to non-protected webresource

Hi,

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Here is my post to the struts list:

>Hi,
>

>Has anyone encountered the following situation using form-based auth in catalina?
>

>1. login successfully using 'j_security_check';
>
>2. the next request happens to be to an unsecured url (e.g. /do/frontpage
>(with no restrictions in web.xml) --> DispatchServlet --> user.frontpage
>(tiles)) ;
>3. the request methods 'getUserPrincipal()', 'isUserInRole()'
>and 'getRemoteUser()' tell me the user is not logged in (in DispatchServlet)!
>

> (I'm using jboss244+tomcat401, struts1.0, tiles)
>

>I heard this might be an issue with jboss.
>

>Can anyone confirm?
>

>Joe
>

>>I don't know how JBoss behaves, but this is exactly
>>how WebSphere behaves.
>>
>>				-TP

I have found the same using jb241a+tc323 as well as jb300RC2+tc403.

I started looking at the tomcat code but I'm not sure I want to commit the time it may take to understand the intricacies when someone
else may well have an answer.

I'd like to know whether this is worth pursuing or if perhaps it is better to sacrifice the declarative model for a role-your-own approach.

Joe