Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/11 01:14:08 UTC

Latest copyright sign-off status [Was: Podlings needing copyright sign-off]

Updating this, half of the items without sign-off in July are now
signed off. I've updated the list below (though I've not yet added new
PMCs since June).

Here's the previous email:

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a list of the projects in the Incubator who need to sign off
> their copyright item; namely:
>
> "Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF
> been received.
>  It is only necessary to transfer rights for the package, the core
> code, and any
>  new code produced by the project.  "

Here's the latest list:

2008-09-29  olio
2009-02-09  kato
2009-02-13  stonehenge
2009-05-08  ace
2009-05-13  socialsite
2009-06-25  wink
2009-11-08  hise
2010-01-27  manifoldcf
2010-05-19  amber
2010-05-24  zetacomponents
2010-09-05  nuvem
2010-11-02  celix
2010-11-12  kitty
2010-11-24  stanbol
2010-12-02  jena
2010-12-02  opennlp
2011-06-13  openofficeorg

Hen

Re: Latest copyright sign-off status [Was: Podlings needing copyright sign-off]

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
The only software ever granted to ASF by MetaCarta was the code for
ManifoldCF.  It was not called ManifoldCF at that time, and was not
imported into svn with any "manifoldcf" strings anywhere.  But look
for package names that include "com.metacarta.agents",
"com.metacarta.crawler", "com.metacarta.core", etc.  If you find those
you can be assured it is the right grant.

Karl

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Craig L Russell
<cr...@oracle.com> wrote:
> I can verify that this software grant from Metacarta was dated 1st day of
> February, 2010.
>
> From the list of files, I cannot say exactly what the grant covers.
> ManifoldCF doesn't jump out of the list of files. There appear to be over a
> thousand files covered by the grant. The only "package name" that jumps is
> "metacarta", with sub-packages including core, agents, crawler,
>
> Hope this helps a bit.
>
> Craig
>
> On Nov 13, 2011, at 9:06 AM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
>
>> 2011/11/11 Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>
>>
>>> Updating this, half of the items without sign-off in July are now
>>> signed off. I've updated the list below (though I've not yet added new
>>> PMCs since June).
>>>
>>> Here's the previous email:

>>> Here's the latest list:
>>>
>>> 2008-09-29  olio
>>> 2009-02-09  kato
>>> 2009-02-13  stonehenge
>>> 2009-05-08  ace
>>> 2009-05-13  socialsite
>>> 2009-06-25  wink
>>> 2009-11-08  hise
>>> 2010-01-27  manifoldcf
>>>

>> in the recorded grants file I can see:
>>
>> Software grant from Metacarta, Inc.
>>
>> and, as far as I know, this is the required paperwork for ManifoldCF
>> (previously knwon as Lucene Connectors Framework).
>>
>> Please let me know if I'm missing something.
>>
>> Tommaso
>>

>>> 2010-05-19  amber
>>> 2010-05-24  zetacomponents
>>> 2010-09-05  nuvem
>>> 2010-11-02  celix
>>> 2010-11-12  kitty
>>> 2010-11-24  stanbol
>>> 2010-12-02  jena
>>> 2010-12-02  opennlp

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
I can verify that this software grant from Metacarta was dated 1st day
of February, 2010.

 From the list of files, I cannot say exactly what the grant covers.

clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: Latest copyright sign-off status [Was: Podlings needing copyright sign-off]

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2011/11/16 Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>

> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Tommaso Teofili
> <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2011/11/11 Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>
> >
> >> Updating this, half of the items without sign-off in July are now
> >> signed off. I've updated the list below (though I've not yet added new
> >> PMCs since June).
> >>
> >> Here's the previous email:

> >> Here's the latest list:
> >>
> >> 2008-09-29  olio
> >> 2009-02-09  kato
> >> 2009-02-13  stonehenge
> >> 2009-05-08  ace
> >> 2009-05-13  socialsite
> >> 2009-06-25  wink
> >> 2009-11-08  hise
> >> 2010-01-27  manifoldcf
> >>

> > in the recorded grants file I can see:
> >
> > Software grant from Metacarta, Inc.
> >
> > and, as far as I know, this is the required paperwork for ManifoldCF
> > (previously knwon as Lucene Connectors Framework).
> >
> > Please let me know if I'm missing something.
>
> Need to update your status page to indicate that:
>
>  http://incubator.apache.org/projects/manifoldcf.html

done, it should be fixed now.
Tommaso

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 11/11/2011 00:14, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Updating this, half of the items without sign-off in July are now
> signed off. I've updated the list below (though I've not yet added new
> PMCs since June).
>
> Here's the previous email:
>
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here's a list of the projects in the Incubator who need to sign off
>> their copyright item; namely:
>>
>> "Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF
>> been received.
>>  It is only necessary to transfer rights for the package, the core
>> code, and any
>>  new code produced by the project.  "
>
> Here's the latest list:
>
> 2008-09-29  olio
> 2009-02-09  kato
> 2009-02-13  stonehenge
> 2009-05-08  ace
> 2009-05-13  socialsite
> 2009-06-25  wink
> 2009-11-08  hise
> 2010-01-27  manifoldcf
> 2010-05-19  amber

Amber is presently awaiting clearance from a contributor.

> 2010-05-24  zetacomponents
> 2010-09-05  nuvem
> 2010-11-02  celix
> 2010-11-12  kitty
> 2010-11-24  stanbol
> 2010-12-02  jena
> 2010-12-02  opennlp
> 2011-06-13  openofficeorg
>
> Hen

[key:62590808]

Re: Latest copyright sign-off status [Was: Podlings needing copyright sign-off]

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:14 AM, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> 2009-02-09  kato
>>
>> I'm comfortable that this is safe enough copyright-wise. I would
>> prefer the podling community to do the checking themselves but it's
>> stalled until the JCR is sorted out.
>
> There is occasional interest in the codebase but work by the original
> team seems to be halted until standards issues are sorted out.
>
> Maybe we need a "stalled" status, perhaps allowing new contributors to
> boot-strap....

You're a mentor, so if you're comfortable that the copyright rights
have been licensed (or there's nothing to license) then go ahead and
update the status page :)

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:14 AM, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> 2009-02-09  kato
>
> I'm comfortable that this is safe enough copyright-wise. I would
> prefer the podling community to do the checking themselves but it's
> stalled until the JCR is sorted out.

There is occasional interest in the codebase but work by the original
team seems to be halted until standards issues are sorted out.

Maybe we need a "stalled" status, perhaps allowing new contributors to
boot-strap....

Robert

Re: Latest copyright sign-off status [Was: Podlings needing copyright sign-off]

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 11/18/11 7:33 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:
> You should define 'very small' for Joao and work with legal-discuss
> and the Incubator PMC to decide if the item can be signed off or not.
>
> [me=bean counter who points to a field not being signed off :) ]

I reviewed the OpenNLP SourceForge commit log. He did 10 commits, non of
these modified
or added a file which is part of the code base which came to Apache.

Jörn

Re: Latest copyright sign-off status [Was: Podlings needing copyright sign-off]

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hello,