Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hans Liebenberg <ha...@cambrient.com> on 2005/12/05 09:43:14 UTC

Fetchmail [Received: Header]

Hi,

My fetchmail process if failing due to Received header being
invalid...apparently.
The MessageProcessor fails on the line
org.apache.james.dnsserver.DNSServer.getByName(address).getHostAddress()
Where address = 'localhost'

05/12/05 10:41:45 DEBUG fetchmail.mailstreams_postmaster: UNDELIVERABLE
Message ID: <20...@broadway.cambrient.com>
java.net.UnknownHostException: unknown host
        at org.xbill.DNS.Address.lookupHostName(Address.java:106)
        at org.xbill.DNS.Address.getByName(Address.java:124)
        at
org.apache.james.dnsserver.DNSServer.getByName(DNSServer.java:463)
        at
org.apache.james.fetchmail.MessageProcessor.computeRemoteAddress(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.james.fetchmail.MessageProcessor.updateRemoteAddress(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.james.fetchmail.MessageProcessor.getRemoteAddress(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.james.fetchmail.MessageProcessor.createMail(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.james.fetchmail.MessageProcessor.process(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.james.fetchmail.FolderProcessor.process(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.james.fetchmail.StoreProcessor.process(Unknown
Source)'

The headers of the message that it is trying to fetch is as follows:

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:31:44 +0200 (SAST)
From: besa@cambrient.com
To: bobmarley@cambrient.com
Subject: POSTMASTER VERIFICATION:1010131

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Hans

Re: Fetchmail [Received: Header]

Posted by Laurent Rouvet <la...@rouvet.com>.
Hi,

I've the same problem:
06/12/05 23:59:48 DEBUG fetchmail.test.fr: UNDELIVERABLE Message ID:
<43...@rouvet.com>
java.net.UnknownHostException: unknown host
        at org.xbill.DNS.Address.lookupHostName(Address.java:106)
        at org.xbill.DNS.Address.getByName(Address.java:124)
        at
org.apache.james.dnsserver.DNSServer.getByName(DNSServer.java:463)
        at
org.apache.james.fetchmail.MessageProcessor.computeRemoteAddress(MessageProcessor.java:1464)
        at
org.apache.james.fetchmail.MessageProcessor.updateRemoteAddress(MessageProcessor.java:1552)
        at
org.apache.james.fetchmail.MessageProcessor.getRemoteAddress(MessageProcessor.java:1497)
        at
org.apache.james.fetchmail.MessageProcessor.createMail(MessageProcessor.java:629)
        at
org.apache.james.fetchmail.MessageProcessor.process(MessageProcessor.java:385)
        at
org.apache.james.fetchmail.FolderProcessor.process(FolderProcessor.java:94)
        at
org.apache.james.fetchmail.StoreProcessor.process(StoreProcessor.java:83)
        at
org.apache.james.fetchmail.FetchMail.targetTriggered(FetchMail.java:529)
        at
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.scheduler.DefaultTimeScheduler.doRunEntry(DefaultTimeScheduler.java:473)
        at
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.scheduler.DefaultTimeScheduler$1.run(DefaultTimeScheduler.java:436)
        at
org.apache.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.java:90)
        at
org.apache.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:136)

I tried to set the remoteReceivedHeader index to -1! no change! :-(

Looking at the headers... I wonder if that issue has not been fixed all
ready, and if I just need to update my james (dev-3.0 from April)

Thanks for your help

Laurent

Posted by Hans Liebenberg <ha...@cambrient.com>.
It could have something to do with the fact that I am connecting to the pop3
server via stunnel as Fetchmail does not seem to support SSH directly (or am
I wrong here?), so stunnel is running on the local machine, so maybe headers
are being messed with. I will be working on this issue tomorrow so will post
my results back

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:31:44 +0200 (SAST)
From: besa@cambrient.com
To: bobmarley@cambrient.com

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Hans

The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for
delivery of the message to the intended recipient) please notify us
immediately on 0141 306 2050 and delete the message from your computer. You
may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its contents to any other
person. As Internet communications are capable of data corruption Student
Loans Company Limited does not accept any  responsibility for changes made
to this message after it was sent. For this reason it may be inappropriate
to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining
written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited or the
sender accepts any liability or responsibility for viruses as it is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views expressed in
this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and
views of The Student Loans Company Limit  ed.

presence of computer viruses.

Posted by Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk>.
in that case check that all of the hosts/IP addresses mentioned can be
resolved, looks like "localhost" may be a red herring. Let us know what you
find. It seems wrong that fetch should bomb on what appears to be a "well
formed" message.

d.

|         |           "Hans Liebenberg"|
|         |           <hans@cambrient.c|
|         |           om>              |
|         |           06/12/2005 09:27 |
|         |           "James Users     |
|         |           List"            |
  |                                                                                                                               |
[...]

---
Danny Angus
Lead Technical Consultant
ICT Products Development
4W
3257

|         |           "Hans Liebenberg"|
|         |           <hans@cambrient.c|
|         |           05/12/2005 08:43 |
|         |           "James Users     |
|         |           List"            |

Posted by Hans Liebenberg <ha...@cambrient.com>.
HI,