Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael Post <mi...@purematic.de> on 2006/11/15 00:15:51 UTC

Jetspeed 2 and PostgreSQL

Hello list,

i want to set up an portal with jetspeed 2 and postgresql.
I downloaded the installer (.jar), but any of my tries fails while
creating the database-structure in postgresql.

Later, i have installed included derby-database, but i got error after
calling the portal in browser.
Some title gives errors or the rss-demo is not insert in installation.

I prefer the communiction with postgres.
Do you have any tips for me?
What is the best installation-way? Installer or Source or Build-files?
If build, how is the correctest way to install an build of jetspeed?

Thanks for supporting me,

Michael

Re: Jetspeed 2 and PostgreSQL

Posted by yassine elassad <ya...@gmail.com>.
hi Michael,

i just created a small howto for Jetspeed2 PostgreSQL  8.1.5
have a look there and see if it helps you:

http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/ThirdPartyDatabaseBuild

greetings
yassine

--
Yassine ELassad
JEE Freelance Developer

Fon     : +49 221 800 8961
Mobile : +49 160 9223 9000

PEACE :
( P ) Positive ( E ) Energy ( A ) Always ( C ) Correct ( E ) Errors.

Re: Jetspeed 2 and PostgreSQL

Posted by Hans Plum <pl...@lat-lon.de>.
Hi Michael,

there has been a thread about Jetspeed 1.6 & 2 with PostgreSQL support on the
developers list. David wanted to test PostgreSQL 8.1.5 against Jetspeed.

There might be some news on that thread in the future ;-) -
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-jetspeed-dev/200611.mbox/ajax/%3c4551BC21.8030407@lat-lon.de%3e

Hans

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Michael Post wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> i want to set up an portal with jetspeed 2 and postgresql.
> I downloaded the installer (.jar), but any of my tries fails while
> creating the database-structure in postgresql.
I use PostgreSQL 8.x as primary database for Jetspeed 2.1-dev development.
The Jetspeed-2.0 release contained a broken/incomplete PostgreSQL schema, so that never worked, sorry.

If you can, I suggest checking out the current trunk (2.1-dev) as its far advanced since the 2.0 release (we hope to release 2.1 soon).
This will require you to build from source though.

The only (maybe) minor issue with PostgreSQL I encountered which I haven't had time to investigate is this one:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00
	at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1512)
	at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1297)
	at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:188)
	at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:437)
	at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:353)
	at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:307)
	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:101)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.executeInsert(JdbcAccessImpl.java:216)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeToDb(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1754)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:813)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:726)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeAndLinkOneToMany(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1057)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeCollections(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:928)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeToDb(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1776)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:813)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:726)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeAndLinkMtoN(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:982)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeCollections(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:924)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeToDb(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1776)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:813)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:726)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeAndLinkMtoN(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:982)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeCollections(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:924)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeToDb(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1776)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:813)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:726)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.store(DelegatingPersistenceBroker.java:175)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.store(DelegatingPersistenceBroker.java:175)
	at org.springframework.orm.ojb.PersistenceBrokerTemplate$9.doInPersistenceBroker(PersistenceBrokerTemplate.java:267)
	at org.springframework.orm.ojb.PersistenceBrokerTemplate.execute(PersistenceBrokerTemplate.java:167)
	at org.springframework.orm.ojb.PersistenceBrokerTemplate.store(PersistenceBrokerTemplate.java:265)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.sso.impl.PersistenceBrokerSSOProvider.addCredentialsForSite(PersistenceBrokerSSOProvider.java:572)

This only comes up when running the Jetspeed-2 testcases. Anyone seen something similar and has a clue what's wrong here?
Note: none of the other databases I'm using regularly (derby, Oracle, MySql) have this problem with running the testcases.