Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Tucker, Matt" <Ma...@disney.com> on 2012/08/22 17:12:52 UTC

Metastore on MS SQL Server

Has anyone been able to get Hive working with a Microsoft SQL Server backed metastore?  I've seen a couple of comments about issues with MSSQL 2005, but I'm running 2008 R2.

I've tried datanucleus.autoCreateTables and manually creating the schema based upon the MySQL metastore script.  Hive will successfully connect to the server, as seen in sys.dm_exec_sessions.  If I try running a show tables statement, it appears that Hive is waiting for a response (from datanucleus?), but isn't likely to get one, as no query made it to SQL Server.

Matt Tucker