Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2009/06/18 07:42:19 UTC

Maybe a 3.1.2 pretty soon?

Ed Burns (JSF 2.0 spec lead and dev on the JSF RI) pinged us on irc
#openejb and was looking to get his JSF 2.0 demo app working.  While
helping him debug why it wasn't I noticed a couple nasty bugs.

First, our injection support for '@Resource UserTransaction' in web
components is broken due to a NullPointerException when we try to add
the required JNDI entry to Tomcat.  That was easily fixed.

The other is a pretty terrible bug in the Tomcat
DefaultAnnotationProcessor that basically doesn't allow for
annotations of any kind in super classes of web components.  This
appears to be fixed in Tomcat 6.0.20, but it's pretty easy for us to
replace the DefaultAnnotationProcessor with one that isn't broken.

Not a bug, but an improvement related to getting Ed's code to run, I
added the ability for us to scan classes annotated with @ManagedBean
so people using the JSF RI will get dependency injection in annotated
managed beans aside from just the ones configured in the faces-
config.xml as they do currently.

An unrelated bug to anything webapp related is there seems to be some
potential issue with the @LocalClient support related to the
TempClassLoader fix that prevents the @LocalClient classes from being
scanned.  Checked in a quick fix for that yesterday or the day before
but haven't really had time to verify it.  If it works, we should
really get that out there to people.

Another "issue" is that there turned out to be a non-critical but
*really* unfortunate flaw with the OpenJPA 1.2.0 jar.  By accident
they included all the source code, java doc and misc stuff in their
jar which jacked our binary size up another 9 meg!  Updating to
OpenJPA 1.2.1 will bring us back down to the 15-16mb area as opposed
to our 25mb openejb-3.1.1.zip.

Anyway, seems like a good time to get the "release early and often"
practice going.

Thoughts?

-David

Re: Maybe a 3.1.2 pretty soon?

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
If possible, please help to look at 1039/1041/1042.
Thanks very much !
Ivan

2009/6/18 Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>

> Hi,
>

> David Blevins wrote:
> >
> > Ed Burns (JSF 2.0 spec lead and dev on the JSF RI) pinged us on irc
> > #openejb and was looking to get his JSF 2.0 demo app working.  While
> > helping him debug why it wasn't I noticed a couple nasty bugs.
> >
> Interesting discussion.
>

> David Blevins wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, seems like a good time to get the "release early and often"
> > practice going.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >

> I found a WS related issue occurring in some cases. I will fix it ASAP to
> get it available in next release.
>

> -----
>   Jean-Louis

Ivan