Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by ashwini ramamurthy <as...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/09 10:22:47 UTC

heartbeat message

 hi,

I am new to hadoop. I have built hadoop 1.0.0 on my system , i wanted to
add more information in the heartbeat of the tasktracker , i am not sure
how to do it ? please can u help me ?

Thank you,

Ashwini

Re: heartbeat message

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Ashwini,

Look at the TaskTrackerStatus class. It implements Writable, and hence
if you look at readFields(…) and write(…) method implementations,
you'll get a hint on how to extend it further with your info.

Btw, upstream Apache Hadoop (2.x and trunk) no longer carries
TaskTracker daemons. These have been replaced by NodeManager in the
new framework, and I also recommend working with that at the same time
- unless you're okay with just 1.x extensibility.

--
Harsh J