Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joel Bremson <jo...@isyndicate.com> on 2000/06/21 19:51:23 UTC

Apache::Util problem

All of a sudden I'm getting an error when
I use Apache::Util. It was working fine,
and then stopped. I've isolated the
module from my code and still get the error.

Apache is 1.3.6 and perl is 5.00503.

This is the module:

package iSyn::Apache::foo;

use Apache::Util qw(escape_uri);

This is the compile result:

pris-517:perl -wc foo.pm
Can't locate object method "boot" via package "mod_perl" at
/p/server/perl5.005_03/lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/Apache/Util.pm
line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at foo.pm line 3.

Joel
--
Joel Bremson
Engineering Team

Re: Apache::Util problem

Posted by Joel Bremson <jo...@isyndicate.com>.
Nevermind. I get the same error in other places
where it's working so a module using Apache::Util
can't be syntax checked with perl -wc.

Joel

--
Joel Bremson
Engineering Team

Re: Apache::Util problem

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Joel Bremson wrote:

> All of a sudden I'm getting an error when
> I use Apache::Util. It was working fine,
> and then stopped. I've isolated the
> module from my code and still get the error.
>
> Apache is 1.3.6 and perl is 5.00503.

what version of mod_perl?

> This is the module:
>
> package iSyn::Apache::foo;
>
> use Apache::Util qw(escape_uri);
>

> This is the compile result:
>
> pris-517:perl -wc foo.pm
> Can't locate object method "boot" via package "mod_perl" at
> /p/server/perl5.005_03/lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/Apache/Util.pm
> line 19.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at foo.pm line 3.

seems like the wrong mod_perl.pm is picked up, you should be able to
syntax check outside of httpd:
% perl -ce 'use Apache::Util ();'
-e syntax OK

that's part of the reason mod_perl::boot() exists, so bootstrap of the c
symbols are not attempted outside of httpd.