Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2015/04/24 14:45:29 UTC

Maven and Git providing build into at run-time

An interesting article about how git and Maven can be used to
automatically make the build revision and other info available at
run-time for logging or display in an "About" display.

http://www.petrikainulainen.net/programming/spring-framework/spring-from-the-trenches-returning-git-commit-information-as-json/

Not a compelling reason to move to Maven or git but a nice addition to
OFBiz to make support and bug reporting a bit easier.

Also just a nice bit of reading if you enjoy reading about clever
programming.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: Maven and Git providing build into at run-time

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
The key thing to me is that if a person reports a bug with the product
identification on the screen or sends a log, can you find the version of
the code that was used to build their application.

Ron

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.