Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/21 15:10:58 UTC

[shale] Problems with mail reader

I'm having troule running the nightly build of mailreader (which
doesn't seem to be beeing built nightly.)  Also, I'm having trouble
building the  mailreader myself from the current source.  I seem to
recall there was some reorganization with the mailreader going on.

Ant is looking for a mailreader.jar file.  Where can I find this?  Is
it something that I have to build from the main struts project?

Any help (or the WAR file itself) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
sean

Re: [shale] Problems with mail reader

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:50:07 -0500, James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Also, I couldn't find a struts.jar or struts-core.jar property or classpath
> entry in the build.xml for the shale mailreader app.  I'm not sure how
> Craig's build is referencing them, but adding it allows me to:
>
> current/sandbox/struts-shale-mailreader > ant dist
>
> I *have not* committed the changes to shale mailreader sources.  Since I
> can't see or change Craig's build for shale stuff, here is what I did:
>
>   http://cvs.apache.org/~jmitchell/svn-diff.txt

I'll take a look, but the key point is that Shale and the Shale-based
apps will have zero dependencies on Struts 1.x framework code.  This
is why I made the earlier comment about perhaps *not* using the
"mailreader template" trick for the Shale-based versions.

I do need the mailreader.jar file to get the DAO stuff, though ... now
that it's settled into its new home, and assuming that this is still
separated from the Struts-1.x-based application part of mailreader, I
can start building the Shale version again.

> I haven't tried it with myfaces, but jsfri works for me.  Here's my
> user.home/build.properties:

(Side note -- the struts-shale-usecases example app *does* work with
MyFaces 1.0.8).

Craig

Re: [shale] Problems with mail reader

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Ok, here's what I just checked in...

 - deprecated maven target (current/apps) "apps:build-all", use "dist"

In shuffling the mailreader example apps around, the package naming was
changed.  I have locally modified the sandbox/struts-shale-mailreader
sources so that everything builds now with Ant, but these changes will break
Craig's nightly build.

Also, I couldn't find a struts.jar or struts-core.jar property or classpath
entry in the build.xml for the shale mailreader app.  I'm not sure how
Craig's build is referencing them, but adding it allows me to:

current/sandbox/struts-shale-mailreader > ant dist

I *have not* committed the changes to shale mailreader sources.  Since I
can't see or change Craig's build for shale stuff, here is what I did:

  http://cvs.apache.org/~jmitchell/svn-diff.txt

I haven't tried it with myfaces, but jsfri works for me.  Here's my
user.home/build.properties:

# ---- struts-core -------

compile.deprecation  = true
apache.home    = D:/home/jmitchell/apache_home
maven.repo              = C:/Documents and
Settings/jmitchell/.maven/repository

commons-beanutils.jar =
${maven.repo}/commons-beanutils/jars/commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
commons-digester.jar =
${maven.repo}/commons-digester/jars/commons-digester-1.6.jar
commons-fileupload.jar =
${maven.repo}/commons-fileupload/jars/commons-fileupload-1.0.jar
commons-logging.jar  =
${maven.repo}/commons-logging/jars/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
commons-validator.jar =
${maven.repo}/commons-validator/jars/commons-validator-1.1.3.jar
jakarta-oro.jar   = ${maven.repo}/oro/jars/oro-2.0.7.jar
servlet.jar    = ${maven.repo}/servletapi/jars/servletapi-2.3.jar
xerces.jar    = ${maven.repo}/xml-apis/jars/xml-apis-2.0.2.jar
antlr.jar    = ${maven.repo}/antlr/jars/antlr-2.7.2.jar

#checkstyle.jar    = /Java/checkstyle-2.4/checkstyle-all-2.4.jar
#pmd.home     = /Java/Programs/SourceForge/pmd-1.2.1

chain.home              = ${maven.repo}/commons-chain/jars
commons-chain.jar       = ${chain.home}/commons-chain-1.0.jar

# needed for struts-shale
commons-collections.jar =
${maven.repo}/commons-collections/jars/commons-collections-3.1.jar
#jsf.home                = ${maven.repo}/jsf/jars/jsf-1_1_01
struts.jar              = ${maven.repo}/struts/jars/struts-1.3.0-dev.jar
jsf-api.jar             = ${maven.repo}/jsf/jars/jsf-api-1.1.jar
jsf-impl-1.1            = ${maven.repo}/jsf/jars/jsf-impl-1.1.jar
mailreader.jar          =
${maven.repo}/struts/jars/struts-mailreader-1.3.0-dev.jar
servlet-api.jar         =
${maven.repo}/servletapi/jars/servletapi-2.4-20040521.jar
jsp-api.jar             = ${maven.repo}/jspapi/jars/jsp-api-2.0-20040521.jar

--
James Mitchell
EdgeTech, Inc.

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.