Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Saadiq <sa...@nyc.rr.com> on 2003/12/12 22:04:08 UTC

embperl using DSO

I'm trying to set up another instance of apache for some testing and
I'm having very little luck.  I've compiled Apache to use DSO and
modperl is a DSO object.  The embperl docs say that I am not to set up
embperl in httpd.conf but I can't seem to find instructions on what to
do instead.  Could someone give me a pointer in the right direction?
Thanks.

Saadiq

Re: embperl using DSO

Posted by "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro" <lu...@engenhosolucoes.com.br>.
Saadiq wrote:
> I'm trying to set up another instance of apache for some testing and I'm
> having very little luck.  I've compiled Apache to use DSO and modperl is
> a DSO object.  The embperl docs say that I am not to set up embperl in
> httpd.conf but I can't seem to find instructions on what to do instead.
> Could someone give me a pointer in the right direction?  Thanks.

Let it be loaded on first use by each child. Just dont put it in httpd.conf.

Obs.: I have been using Embperl loaded at apache startup with modperl as
a DSO with success, sometimes it is just a matter of reordering the
I'm prefering to compile modperl with apache and load the "rest" as a DSO.

--
Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro
Engenho Soluções para a Internet

Re: embperl using DSO

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Saadiq wrote:
> I'm trying to set up another instance of apache for some testing and
> I'm having very little luck.  I've compiled Apache to use DSO and
> modperl is a DSO object.  The embperl docs say that I am not to set up
> embperl in httpd.conf but I can't seem to find instructions on what to
> do instead.  Could someone give me a pointer in the right direction?

The problem which caused segfaults when loading Embperl at startup when
mod_perl is a DSO should be fixed in newer mod_perl versions, so you can
load it at startup. For Apache 2 and Embperl 2, you need to load the Embperl
shared library anyway to get it working

Gerald