Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rohit Harchandani <rh...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/01 22:55:27 UTC

Re: replication getting stuck on a file

I am facing this problem in solr 4.0 too. Its definitely not related to
autowarming. It just gets stuck while downloading a file and there is no
way to abort the replication except restarting solr.

Posted by "Petersen, Robert" <ro...@mail.rakuten.com>.
I have seen this happen before in our 3.6.1 deployment.  It seemed related to high JVM memory consumption on the server when our index got too big (ie we were close to getting OOMs).   That is probably why restarting solr sort of fixes it, assuming the file it is stuck on is the final file and it got 100% of it.

Thanks
Robi