Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Weinan Wang <we...@pivotal.io> on 2018/06/19 06:18:29 UTC

Vectorized Execution plugin lib has been released

Greetings,

I am glad to announce that Vectorized Execution plugin has been completed released in HAWQ.

At present, it supports 7 types of data trigger the vectorized function and reach two to eight times
acceleration comparing with regular execution in different performance test queries. Furthermore,
it has an extended friendly framework, you can patch other types into as your need.

You can acquire the introduction document  as follow:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Vectorized+Execution+Introduction <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Vectorized+Execution+Introduction>

Regards,

WANG Weinan

Re: Vectorized Execution plugin lib has been released

Posted by Radar Lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.
Awesome! 2 - 8X speed up! The performance improvement is impressive, thanks
Weinan and Shujie who delivered this great feature.

With Vectorized Execution and Runtime filter feature finished, we have
completed 2 of 3 features targets for HAWQ 2.4.0.0-incubating release:

   - [Done] New Feature: Pluggable Vectorized Execution Engine on HAWQ.
   - [Done] New Feature: Support Runtime Filter for HAWQ local hash join.
   - New Feature: Support accessing Hive table data by Pluggable Storage
   Framework.

Regards,
Radar

Posted by Yandong Yao <yy...@pivotal.io>.
👍

--
Best Regards,
Yandong

Re: Vectorized Execution plugin lib has been released

Posted by Lili Ma <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Amy Bai <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Hongxu Ma <in...@outlook.com>.
Good job, thank you very much. @Weinan @Shujie

Glad to see HAWQ has this modern feature and hope to continue to improve
it with the community efforts.

在 19/06/2018 14:18, Weinan Wang 写道:
> Greetings,
>
> I am glad to announce that Vectorized Execution plugin has been completed released in HAWQ.
>
> At present, it supports 7 types of data trigger the vectorized function and reach two to eight times
> acceleration comparing with regular execution in different performance test queries. Furthermore,
> it has an extended friendly framework, you can patch other types into as your need.
>
> You can acquire the introduction document  as follow:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Vectorized+Execution+Introduction <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Vectorized+Execution+Introduction>
>

> Regards,
>
> WANG Weinan

Hongxu.