Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by John Wargo <jw...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/05 14:58:20 UTC

CLI output

When the CLI kicks out errors, I wonder if developers would benefit from some additional information being spit out with the error. I'm thinking that my recent toubleshooting efforts would benefit from it spitting out the CLI version, Node version, and the CLI file and line number that was being executed when the error was generated.

I just noticed that in 2.8.3 I'm getting more information on where the Android build process is failing, I can't tell if that's something new in the CLI or ADT.

Additionally, as I've been poking at the CLI and trying to understand better what its doing and how it works, I would like to have the ability to turn on a debug flag that dumps everything its doing to the command line. I understand that if you're running in an automated process that you don't want all of that stuff in the process' output, but when debugging troubles I do.  For example, as npm installs the CLI, I get all sorts of color coded information and messages letting me know what's happening - I would like the ability to turn that on in the CLI as well.

Am I unique in this request or is this something others have expressed an interest in?

Re: CLI output

Posted by Braden Shepherdson <br...@chromium.org>.
+1 for stack traces. I actually did this in plugman while debugging
something, I forget if it was removed in time for release. Not a big deal
if not.

Braden