Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/09 14:58:24 UTC

[VOTE] Bulk close old issues

Hi,

Note sure, it needs a vote but anyway.

As already discuss, it would be great if we could bulk close old JIRA
issues.
We currently have old issues, or issues we cannot manage nor fix with the
actual trunk.
Anybody who cares about bulk closing old issues?

If any problem, issues can be re opened.

+1: we can close
0: no opinion
-1: don't want to bulk close old issues (please give some reasons)

Here is my +1

Jean-Louis

Re: [VOTE] Bulk close old issues

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 13, 2012, at 2:40 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> for tomee project we look almost all issues closing relevant ones
>
> for openejb project that's too much so instead if you are volonteer we
> should do sthg else

Yes, it is incredibly time consuming.

Note for release purposes, you typically need to also look at closed issues as often issues are closed without version information.

> any idea welcome

The best idea I've come up with so far is to write a tool that scans the commit logs, collects the JIRAs and automatically sets the "fixVersion".

Then you just need to review the issues that are assigned to that release, which is a much smaller number of issues.

It only works of course if we file JIRAs and use them in commits.  Doesn't catch JIRAs filed after a commit or commits with no JIRA at all, but I haven't had any better ideas.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/sandbox/release-tools/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/tools/release/cmd/CloseJiras.java

-David

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
for tomee project we look almost all issues closing relevant ones

for openejb project that's too much so instead if you are volonteer we
should do sthg else

any idea welcome

- Romain

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alan, I see your point and I agree in some ways.
The point is that most of them are no more relevant nowadays or not enough
documented so we don't know what to do with.

Jean-Louis

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by AndyG <an...@orprovision.com>.
0