Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thomas Delnoij <t....@imn.nl> on 2002/11/19 19:33:44 UTC

Design question

Hi there.

Given the following requirements for my web application:

- An html form with ca. 200 input fields that requires both client- and
serverside validation.

- Users need to login to download the form. After logging in a session
object is created.

- Users need to be able to open the html page with the form, then disconnect
from the internet, fill out the form, reconnect to the internet, login again
and submit the form.

In this scenario, is it possible to use a ValidatorForm bean to populate my
form?

What happens when the user disconnects from the internet and the
ValidatorForm Bean originally created to populate the form is destroyed when
the session times out?

When the user reconnects to the internet and logs in again, will the Struts
Framework create a new instance of my ValidatorForm bean and populate it
with the fields the user filled in?

Kind regards.

Thomas Delnoij