Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by raymond kong <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2001/02/22 16:39:20 UTC

can I define my own encoding style?

I am using SOAP RPC.  I have defined my own type with
serializer and deserializer.  I register them into
SOAPMappingRegistry with my own encoding style URI.
But it seems SOAP doesn't like it.  It seems like the
encoding style has to be always the same one used for
org.apache.soap.ecncoding.soapenc.Parameter (required
for representing RPC params), which is
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/".  If I
specify my own then it will complain no serailzer
found for org.apache.soap.ecncoding.soapenc.Parameter.
 I couldn't figure out how to work around this
problem.  It is a limitation to Apache SOAP 2.1 or am
I doing something in-correctly?

-Ray