Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/30 14:27:40 UTC

Speak up in the next few hours if you're working on anything for apr-util 1.5.next

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/

Re: Speak up in the next few hours if you're working on anything for apr-util 1.5.next

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 10:42:12 -0400
> Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:27:40 -0400
> > > Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > On second thoughts, scrub that.
> > >
> > > I'll commit to trunk, but we can't just remove stuff
> > > willy-nilly from 1.5.x.  Sorry for the noise.
> > >

> > Umm, is it an API breakage if it acts as if FreeTDS wasn't found unless
> you
> > build with an extra configure argument?  Yes for some definitions of API,
> > but it may still be appropriate.  At least it doesn't force an
> application
> > change or rebuild.
>
> I guess that could make sense for 1.5.  Can't hack that now 'cos
> I'm just heading off out, but I could try and find time (not today)
> if you think it would be useful.
>
> I was thinking in terms of the more complete removal we've
> discussed here, in the absence of anyone who can maintain it.

I'll try to throw together something for 1.5.x and post it soon-ish.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:27:40 -0400
Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

You've just spurred me on to do something with FreeTDS.

Leaving the source in but enclosed in

#ifdef I_CAN_DEAL_WITH_THIS_PARTIAL_DRIVER_AND_UNMAINTAINED_CODE_FOR_FREETDS

but stripping everything from the build

Will commit to trunk shortly.  Your decision whether to
hold back 1.5 pending review of my forthcoming commit.

--
Nick Kew