Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Henry Chen <hc...@buzzsponge.com> on 2005/03/31 10:52:50 UTC

Multiple propertyselection: how to judge which of them is changed

So there are there propertyselections in the form. For all of them, set
"submitOnChange" to true. Then how do I know which component fire the
submit? I know that I can get the option and save it, then next time when
submit, get the value again and compare. But I don't know if this is the
right way... Any body can suggest? Thank you very much.

Henry

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended
only for the person(s) named. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then
destroy the message. Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of Peacock Nine LLC and
its subsidiaries shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by the
Company. When addressed to the clients of Peacock Nine, LLC and its
subsidiaries, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the
terms and conditions in the governing client contracts and non disclosure
agreements.

Re: Multiple propertyselection: how to judge which of them is changed

Posted by Ron Piterman <mp...@vollbio.de>.
ציטוט Henry Chen:
> Use separate forms. You are right. But there is a problem.  I used separate
> forms for each of the property selection. When I select in one of them, the
> rest were all "reset" to the initial as if they were not selected. How do I
> keep all their status at the same time?

I am not sure I check this: the user changes only one of them, say A,
on the next request he changes B, and A turns back to its default?

Use persistant properties to avoid that.

Another, hacky, way would be to encapsulate the status of the others In
the obejcts that correspond to the List: something like that:

List 1 values: 1A 1B 1C 1D. current status: 1B. renders to: A B C D
List 2 values: 1B 2B 3B 4B. current status: 1B. renders to: 1 2 3 4

Re: Body.addInitializationScript()

Posted by Jamie <ja...@dang.com>.
have a look at the DTD for the .script files. There is a command to
place code into the body onload event. You just include your script
compenent and the rest happens for you.

Jamie

Posted by Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com>.
Totally worked.  Thank you Jamie!

e.

Posted by Jamie <ja...@dang.com>.

Posted by Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com>.

Re: Tapestry and Java 5.0

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Had they used for (item _in_ list) then they would have introduced a
new "in" keyword and you'd have to adjust code to compile properly that
used variables and such of that name.  There is a pretty strong mandate
to not introduce new keywords in new features.

	Erik

RE: Tapestry and Java 5.0

RE: Tapestry and Java 5.0

Re: Tapestry and Java 5.0

Posted by sales <sa...@digiatlas.net>.

Re: Tapestry and Java 5.0

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 1, 2005 12:31 PM, Bruno Haas <gr...@laposte.net> wrote:

> * Is it a good idea at this point in time to rely on Java 5.0 ?
I'm developping using many new Java 5 features and I'm surprised at
how nicely the new features integrate with existing code. I really
like the generics, they allow you to write a much nicer code
especially with collections.
Unless your application needs to support previous JDKs, there is no
reason not to use the new features.

Henri.

RE: Tapestry and Java 5.0

Posted by Denis Souza <ds...@sti.com.br>.
It looks like you're executing java 5 code in a java 1.4 vm. Make sure any
tools and containers you're using (Eclipse, JBOSS, etc.) are running in a
java 5 vm.

Denis

Posted by Bruno Haas <gr...@laposte.net>.
Hi all,

[...]

    * org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1289)

Posted by Henry Chen <he...@gmail.com>.
Sorry. I found the problem. I was my mistake to reset value of one of the
dropdown list. Now is works very well.

Posted by Ron Piterman <mp...@vollbio.de>.
ציטוט Henry Chen:

Posted by Ron Piterman <mp...@vollbio.de>.

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Henry Chen <henry.chen04 <at> gmail.com> writes:

>  Could you explain why not? Since I already used it without problem... Is
> there any unstable issue?

I was saying that if you'd like to take the approach I
described (set a hidden field), then you can't use
submitOnChange, simply because it won't set the hidden
field.

RE: Multiple propertyselection: how to judge which of them is changed

Henry Chen <hchen <at> buzzsponge.com> writes:

> So there are there propertyselections in the form. For all of them,
> set "submitOnChange" to true. Then how do I know which component fire
> the submit? I know that I can get the option and save it, then next
> time when submit, get the value again and compare. But I don't know if
> this is the right way... Any body can suggest? Thank you very much.

don't use submitOnchange. Attach a custom javascript function to its
onchange event and set a hidden field in that function and submit the form.
On the server side, check the value of the hidden field.

Re: Multiple propertyselection: how to judge which of them is changed

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.