Posted to users@maven.apache.org by deckrider <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/27 19:04:03 UTC

finding the dependency artifact name for filtering

Hello,

I have the following dependency on a war artifact (contains a bundle
of jnlp/webstart apps):

    <dependency>
      <groupId>foo.bar</groupId>
      <artifactId>webstart-apps</artifactId>
      <version>[8,)</version>
      <type>war</type>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>

I'm planning to use the assembly plugin to bundle some files,
including one that will provide a URL to these webstart apps.

My guess is that I will filter this file containing the URL, since
before the build I don't necessarily know what it will be.  For
instance, if the war file is this:

webstart-apps-8.5.2.war

Then it seems that 'webstart-apps-8.5.2' must be part of the URL.  Is
there some variable I can use to provide this artifact's name during
the build?  Or some other standard approach?  And some documentation I
should like to read about for these kinds of questions?

Thanks in advance.