Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> on 2005/10/15 00:17:06 UTC

crawl db stats

Hi,
is there any chance to read the statistics of the nutch 0.8 crawl db
or a trick to get an idea of how many pages are already crawled?
Thanks for the hints.
Stefan

Re: patch: Re: crawl db stats

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Oh interesting, the apache mailing list system filter out
attachments. :-)
That make sense, I will put everything to the issue tracking...

patch: Re: crawl db stats

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Hi nutch 0.8 geeks.

Re: crawl db stats

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Andrzej,
thanks for the hint, I will have a look may later today. :-)

Re: crawl db stats

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
> segread / readdb is on the way... it's actually easy to implement,
> look at LinkDbReader for inspiration. If you have some time on your
> hands I'm pretty sure you could implement it... if not, I'll do it
> in the beginning of next month.
Just using the MapFileOutputFormat and writing a simple class doing
this is easy, but shouldn't  such a tool a reduce to take advantage
of the map reduce mechanism anyway?

I may will just write a simple class for now and we can doing it as
reduce as next step...?
Any thoughts?
Stefan

Re: crawl db stats

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.

Re: crawl db stats

Posted by Michael Ji <fj...@yahoo.com>.
really? coz currently my development is based on Nutch
07.

I will try 08, maybe I will write a dumping function
for debugging purpose and we can share,

by the way, I didn't 08 being released, did you mean
nutch 0.7.1?

thanks your information,

Michael Ji,

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: crawl db stats

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Michael,

Re: crawl db stats

Posted by Michael Ji <fj...@yahoo.com>.
or, you can use segread in bin/nutch to dump a new
fetch segment to see what page it fetched,

Michael Ji,

--- Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> wrote:

> Which class do you mean?
> There is the old webdbadmin tool, but I guess this
> will not work for
> the new crawl db.
> The bin/nutch admin command isn't supported until
> more.
> Thanks
> Stefan
>

> Am 15.10.2005 um 00:21 schrieb Michael Ji:
>
> > using DBAdminTool to dump the webdb and you can
> get
> > whole list of Pages in text format,
> >
> > Michael Ji,
> >
> > --- Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Hi,
> >> is there any chance to read the statistics of the
> >> nutch 0.8 crawl db
> >> or a trick to get an idea of how many pages are
> >> already crawled?
> >> Thanks for the hints.
> >> Stefan
> >>

> > __________________________________
> > Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home
> page!
> > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/