Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/21 21:56:23 UTC

Preparing for first Apache Aurora release under ASF

Hi All,

Loving all the new ideas about what is next for Aurora, but I would
like to propose that we try to start focusing on preparing for first
release under ASF early.

First release usually takes a lot of time and effort to get it right
and soliciting VOTES in incubator will take additional time.

Is there anyone would like to volunteer to become the first RM
(Release Manager) for Aurora?
The main role for the RM is to be the main contact for a particular
release, which includes triaging bugs, preparing branch, tagging,  and
preparing staging artifacts to VOTE on.

Looking at the main JIRA for the release [0], seems like AURORA-48 can
be closed, AURORA-78 should be part of RE exercise, AURORA-278 is also
part of release exercise.
So in short, we are ready to make a release once RE is identified =)

As Jake had mentioned, all PPMC please be comfortable with Apache
release procedure [1] and voting [2].

Thanks guys,

- Henry

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-147
[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

Re: Preparing for first Apache Aurora release under ASF

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Cool, seems like Kevin is "volunteering" to be Aurora first RM =)

- Henry

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.