Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alain Hubert <al...@iconmedialab.com> on 2001/02/26 17:49:55 UTC

struts-upload, Tomcat and performance

Hi,

My environment: WinNT4, JDK1.2.2, Tomcat 3.2.1, Struts (Feb 14 build).

For our application, we need file upload capabilities. Before using the
multipart-request handler of Struts, I must be sure it performs well for
middle-sized files (maximum 10 MB). So I tested the struts-upload example
and I get the bad following result: 110 seconds to upload a 3.6 MB file!
And the test was purely local (client browser and server on the same PC).

Can someone tell me if it is a problem with the implementation or with
my environment (Tomcat?).

Thanks in advance,

-alain

// Alain Hubert
// Software Engineer @ IconMedialab Belgium
// Tel +32 2 506 23 26   // Fax +32 2 506 23 00

struts-upload - can be used as example to do download?

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.
Hi,
I had not tested or read the struts-upload example source code, that
used to upload files. I am carious, is it possible to use similar code
to download files?

Thanks,
Maya