Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Arunava Sinha <ar...@oracle.com> on 2020/04/16 09:42:38 UTC

NetBeans Apache:master branch test-cases run taking extra long time

Hi,

I was trying to run  test-cases of  java/java.editor module in
Apache:master branch  by running the below command

ant -f java/java.editor/build.xml test-unit

Normally it takes 4-5 min to run all the test-cases for the module.

Now now it is running for more than 2 hours .

Also in release113 branch number of test-cases failure for java.editor
modules was 34 but in current master branch it is more than 60(still
running)

Most of the time test-run is halted at doing indexing , below is the log

     [junit] WARNING: Even though the source level of
D:\master16thApr\netbeans\java\java.editor\build\test\unit\work\o.n.m.e.j.G\testVar\src
is set to: 10, java.util.zip.CRC32C cannot be found on the system module
path: nbfs://nbhost/module-boot/
     [junit] Changing source level to 1.8
     [junit] Working directory:
D:\master16thApr\netbeans\java\java.editor\build\test\unit\work\o.n.m.e.j.G\testVar
     [junit] Apr 16, 2020 12:58:07 PM
org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.indexing.RepositoryUpdater$Work
reportIndexingStart
     [junit] INFO: Indexing started, time from last indexing 0 ms.

I believe there is some unwanted changed happened in NB master branch
which is causing these issue.

Please let me know if someone is also facing the same issue and knows
about the resolution.

Regards,

Arunava Sinha

Re: NetBeans Apache:master branch test-cases run taking extra long time

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.
Please see my e-mail about build failures on travis...

Seems to be correlated.

Thanks

Sven

--
Sven Reimers

* Java Champion
* Apache NetBeans PMC: http://netbeans.apache.org
* JUG Leader JUG Bodensee: https://www.meetup.com/JUG-Bodensee
* Duke's Choice Award Winner 2009 & 2018

* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/svenreimers