Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2003/09/11 20:28:11 UTC

[dbutils] Moving to db.apache.org

I'd like to go ahead and move the Jakarta Common Sandbox DbUtils project
over to db.apache.org.

My aim will be to remove it from the Sandbox parts of the site, and move
the cvs directory over to the new location [munging if necessary].

Anyone against either the move or the method of moving?

Hen

RE: [dbutils] Moving to db.apache.org

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> wrote:

> I'm not a committer on DBCP, so not my call.

I think it would be nice to have all the database projects in one place so
I'm +1 on moving DBCP.

David

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

RE: [dbutils] Moving to db.apache.org

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Henri,

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, David Graham wrote:

> --- Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt> wrote:
>
> Juozas,
> I developed a small library similar to dbutils in the Mapper sandbox
> project.  I looked at dbutils recently and they seem to have evolved in
> similar ways.  I'll take a look at Voruta and maybe the three can be
> combined into dbutils in db.apache.org (although there has to be a better
> name than dbutils :-).

It's simple! Anyway, we can't use 'jdbc' [trademark Sun Corporation], as
that is trademarked, and commons-sql was already taken for a db creation
package.

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Juozas Baliuka wrote:

> > Just to note; I'll ensure that Steven Caswell and Juozas Baliuka have cvs
> > access to dbutils in db.apache.org.
>
> I have forked experimental stuff from  DBUtils to
> http://voruta.sourceforge.net and I think we need to strip experiments and
> to remove dependancies, we can do it before to move.

Yeha, I want to get some conditional compilation in there to handle
JDBC2/JDBC3 etc, and possibly to extract the qdox stuff into a separate
jar [or out of it if that's your voruta stuff? sourceforge not answering
for me atm].

> BTW voruta becomes stable framework and I use it very sucssesfuly in
> production, if community will find it usefull we can move it to
> db.apache.org too, It makes SQL programming in JAVA very easy and must solve
> performance and resource leak problem :)

Will look at it when I can get SF to load.

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.