Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by tim robertson <ti...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/30 12:48:57 UTC

Controlling maps per Node on 0.19.0 working?

Hi,

I am a newbie so please excuse if I am doing something wrong:

in hadoop-site.xml I have the following since I have a very memory
intensive map:
<property>
  <name>mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum</name>
  <value>1</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum</name>
  <value>1</value>
</property>

But always on my EC2 cluster of 1 node (for testing) he is starting 3
on the node and then dying with memory problems...

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Tim

Re: Controlling maps per Node on 0.19.0 working?

Posted by tim robertson <ti...@gmail.com>.
Ok - apologies, it seems changes to the hadoop-site.xml are not
automatically picked up after the cluster is running.

Cheers

Tim