Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Abhay Chawla <ab...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/20 15:51:48 UTC

[GSoC'18 Web App]: Query regarding current design approach

Hello Everyone,

This is regarding the current design implementation in the web app.
Currently, wherever we have forms it was decided that we follow a single
column approach along with the implementation of angular-archwizard.
According to me, we have a lot of space on larger screens like desktops
where due to this a lot of space remains vacant on the left and right side.
Therefore I think we should follow a two column approach for larger screens
and single column for smaller screens only.
Also, we should use the angular material stepper instead of angular
archwizard as although the angular archwizard supports the case to disable
the wizard view if its not required, it has only been updated to support
Angular 5 till now. Instead material stepper can be used where wizard view
is required and simple material card design approach be used where it isn't.

@Gaurav @Pranjal @Maulik @Santosh @Ed please let us know your opinion
regarding the same.
I have attached screenshots for the single column and two column approaches
for your reference.

Thanks
Abhay.

Re: [GSoC'18 Web App]: Query regarding current design approach

Posted by Anwesh Krishna Nayak <an...@gmail.com>.
Also regarding the module I am using I have tested it end to end for
angular 6 for every test cases required as it was in previous version of
community app. No issues for me yet.

Apart from that I have stuck to Material angular so far only. Just only
this exception to suit the UI.

Material stepper has huge disadvantages:

   - two columns looks quite huge
   - not adhering to material design guidelines for forms

Below I am sharing quick links of UI screens. I did experiment and
researched a lot before coming up with this.

   1. https://codepen.io/mildrenben/pen/raqJvy
   2. https://codepen.io/jonnitto/pen/OVmvPB
   3. https://codepen.io/sevilayha/pen/IdGKH
   4. https://codepen.io/creativetim/pen/EgVBXa

Posted by Gaurav Saini <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hello Anwesh and Abhay,

I would say it is good to use as much space as possible, otherwise use have
to scroll down when we have a lot many fields in forms. For Stepper I would
say stick to what angular material officially provides.

Also, One thing to note is that you both should work in parallel and follow
same approach otherwise there will be re-work either way. One of the reason
to select strictly angular material is there is symmetry in code and no one
applies hacks or custom components/libraries. Please try to co-originate
and work in a team :)

Thanks
Gaurav

*Gaurav Saini*

Re: [GSoC'18 Web App]: Query regarding current design approach

Posted by Anwesh Krishna Nayak <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhay Chawla <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anwesh Krishna Nayak <an...@gmail.com>.