Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> on 2012/07/19 23:34:03 UTC

www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex and the release download page

For those of you that need to update links, etc, I just copied all the release files over and this is the layout.  I think the top-level directory becomes www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex within  a few hours, or at least I hope it does.

Is someone working on the release download page described here [1]?

Layout:

cframpton@minotaur:/www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex$ ls -R
4.8.0-incubating KEYS

./4.8.0-incubating:
README apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.md5 binaries
RELEASE_NOTES apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-src.zip doc
apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-src.tar.gz apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-src.zip.asc
apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.asc apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-src.zip.md5

./4.8.0-incubating/binaries:
apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz.md5 apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-bin.zip.asc
apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz.asc apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-bin.zip apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-bin.zip.md5

./4.8.0-incubating/doc:
apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-asdocs.zip

Carol

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-download-pages.html<http://www.apache.org/dev/release-download-pages.html#closer>

Re: www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex and the release download page

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Fixed.

-Nick

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.
Nick- Go ahead and use

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
I think I'm leaning towards Carol's suggestion on this one.

-Nick

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

> > 4. Perhaps instructions on where to place OSMF and TLF?
> >

> Do you want to supply this verbiage for me?  In all honesty, I've
> been relying on the ant scripts to do it for me :P

Here are the steps to install:
*
Open Source Media Framework (OSMF):*

1.  Download the file OSMF_1.0.zip from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/osmf.adobe/files/OSMF%201.0%20%28final%20source%2C%20ASDocs%2C%20PDF%20guides%2C%20and%20release%20notes%29/OSMF_1.0.zip/download

2.  Unzip OSMF_1.0.zip to a temporary directory

3.  Copy <OSMF_1.0.temp.dir>/OSMF.swc to <flex.dir>/frameworks/libs/

*Text Layout Framework (TLF):*

1. Download the file textLayout_build.zip from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tlf.adobe/files/2.0/232/textLayout_build.zip/download

2.  Unzip textLayout_build.zip to a temporary directory

3.  Copy <textLayout_build.temp.dir>/libs/textLayout.swc to
<flex.dir>/frameworks/libs/

Thanks,
Om

Re: www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex and the release download page

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Reply Inline :

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> > The page has been posted on the staging server.  If we could get a few
> > people to take a peek at it to make sure it looks right, that would be
> > great.  A few confirmations, and I will publish it to production.
> >
> > http://flex.staging.apache.org/flex/download.html
>

> 1. I'd add a big "Please read the release notes"! People wont but may stop
> a couple of questions to the list :-)

Done.  Bold is as much as I can do without doing much with the CSS

> 2. Some of the mirror links are not working yet. I assume because it's not
> propagated to those mirrors yet. The top file link worked fine in all cases.

According to the CGI script, some sites may take as long as 24 hours.  In
my own testing, 3 hours in, about half the sites now have all the files.

> 3. Add a warning that it won't compile of Java 1.7 (yet).

done.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi Nick,

> The page has been posted on the staging server.  If we could get a few
> people to take a peek at it to make sure it looks right, that would be
> great.  A few confirmations, and I will publish it to production.
>
> http://flex.staging.apache.org/flex/download.html

1. I'd add a big "Please read the release notes"! People wont but may stop a couple of questions to the list :-)

2. Some of the mirror links are not working yet. I assume because it's not propagated to those mirrors yet. The top file link worked fine in all cases.

3. Add a warning that it won't compile of Java 1.7 (yet).

4. Perhaps instructions on where to place OSMF and TLF?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex and the release download page

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 7/20/12 11 :08AM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

>On 7/20/12 7:58 AM, "Carol Frampton" <cf...@adobe.com> wrote:
>

>> For that matter the binaries aren't part of the release either but I
>>agree
>> I wouldn't put it up there unless I got permission first.
>Who do we get permission from?  Remember that HTTPD has MSI installers on
>its downloads page.

I'd start by running it by our mentors.

Carol

Re: www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex and the release download page

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex and the release download page

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 7/20/12 10 :50AM, "Nicholas Kwiatkowski" <ni...@spoon.as> wrote:

>It's not really apart of the release, so I don't think so, but we should
>be
>able to create another place for it to exist.

For that matter the binaries aren't part of the release either but I agree
I wouldn't put it up there unless I got permission first.

>BTW: Is the installer final? I'd like to post it on the website as well.

I just submitted a fix a few minutes ago.

Carol

Re: www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex and the release download page

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Dasa Paddock <dp...@esri.com>.
The Windows Source and Binaries links take me to the mirrors page, but the Mac OS X links just immediately download a 13 KB binary file.

--Dasa