Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Adrián P. Eidelman" <ad...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/28 13:27:39 UTC

svn info on deleted branch

Hi,
 I have found a little problem today using subversion and wanted to see if
it was a bug or if I am doing something wrong.
I am trying to get the info about a dir that has been deleted from the repo
but svn info throws an error.
The command I am using is:
svn info -r 900 --xml "file:///PATH_TO_DIR"

This dir was created in revision 889 and was deleted in version 919, I think
I should be able to retrieve the info it had on revision 900 with the
previous command.
Instead I get the error: "svn: File not found: revision 922, path
"RELATIVE_PATH_TO_DIR" ". 922 is the head revision in my repo. (the error
message may not be literally it because I am translating it from Spanish).
What I infer from the error is that it is not taking into account the
revision argument I'm sending and instead is trying to fetch it from HEAD.

Please, any help would be really appreciated.
Adrian

P.S.: the PATH_TO_DIR is correct, because using tortoise with a copy paste
and setting the right revision number (900) I can see it perfectly
P.S.2: I am using svn versión 1.4.4 for Windows

Re: svn info on deleted branch

Posted by "Adrián P. Eidelman" <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much !!!
Using the peg revision worked perfectly.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Adrián P. Eidelman" <ad...@gmail.com>.