Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2013/06/03 21:51:21 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.5-alpha (rc2)

I have rolled out release candidate (rc2) for hadoop-2.0.5-alpha.

The difference between rc1 and rc2 is the "optimistic release date" is set for
06/06/2013 in the CHANGES.txt files.

The binary artifact is the same - there's no need to rebuild it. The maven
artifacts are the same.

The difference between the two RCs:

svn diff \
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.5-alpha-rc1/ \
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.5-alpha-rc2/

New RC builds are uploaded to the web.
The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~cos/hadoop-2.0.5-alpha-rc2/
The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.5-alpha-rc2

I would like to extend the vote for another three days for it is such a minor
change that doesn't affect anything but the recorded release date. Please
cast your vote before 06/06/2013 5pm PDT.

Thanks for your patience!
  Cos

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Built from source, ran a few sample jobs on a pseudo-distributed cluster

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Alejandro

[VOTE RESULT] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.5-alpha (rc2)

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I am clearly +1 (non-binding) on the release.

With 8 +1s (3 binding), no -1s or 0s the vote passes.

Thanks to all who verified the bits, I'll push them out shortly.

Thanks,
  Cos

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
--Konst

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.5-alpha (rc2)

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
--Konst

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:
> I have rolled out release candidate (rc2) for hadoop-2.0.5-alpha.
>
> The difference between rc1 and rc2 is the "optimistic release date" is set for
> 06/06/2013 in the CHANGES.txt files.
>
> The binary artifact is the same - there's no need to rebuild it. The maven
> artifacts are the same.
>
> The difference between the two RCs:
>
> svn diff \
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.5-alpha-rc1/ \
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.5-alpha-rc2/
>
> New RC builds are uploaded to the web.
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~cos/hadoop-2.0.5-alpha-rc2/
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.5-alpha-rc2
>
> I would like to extend the vote for another three days for it is such a minor
> change that doesn't affect anything but the recorded release date. Please
> cast your vote before 06/06/2013 5pm PDT.

+1 (non-binding).

Pulled into bigtop and built and all the supported platforms. Given the
triviality of the change I didn't ran the usual battery of tests, since it
has already been executed on previous RCs.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.5-alpha (rc2)

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
--Konst

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
--Konst

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.5-alpha (rc2)

Posted by Anatoli Fomenko <af...@yahoo.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Installed. Tested with Sqoop 2.

Anatoli

________________________________

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Good point Thomas - I have just fixed the name of the file. Nice catch!

Sigh... these three text files... If anyone feels strongly about having them
in place - I will update the tarballs and recalculate the checksums. Or just
leave it as is, perhaps? So, either way is fine with me.

Thanks,
  Cos

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Built from source and ran a couple of jobs in a pseudo-distributed cluster.
Kihwal

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.