Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Kai Grabfelder <na...@kinokai.de> on 2007/02/10 19:49:04 UTC

Re: Problem installing 3.1 RC3 [solved]

shame on me (as most of the time ;-))

I have installed Roller 3.0 before with my tomcat 5.5.20. Then I changed the
conf/Catalina/localhost/roller.xml to point to my 3.1 rc3 installation. That
caused the problems as you moved the class RollerFactory from the
org.apache.roller.model package to the org.apache.roller.business package
between 3.0 and 3.1 rc3: the compiled JSPs (for example bannerStatus.jsp)
were still from the 3.0 installation.

I've deleted my work/catalina folder, restarted tomcat and everything is
working again.

Maybe you should add a note about deleting the work folder to the install
guide? On the other hand most people have their server configured to delete
temp folder on restarting, so maybe its not neccessary to add such a note.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Kai