Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Han, Shirley" <Sh...@CMCElectronics.ca> on 2004/04/08 20:52:26 UTC

Search repository

Hi, everyone.

Can any one tell me if the contents of the Subversion Repository can easily be indexed by Sharepoint for searching. Is it possible to search the trunk only? specific branches? Older revisions (not the head)?
Thanks.

Shirley Han

Software Technology Group
CMC Electronics Inc.
415 Legget Dr.
Kanata K2K 2B2
Tel: (613) 592-7400 ext.2050

Re: Search repository

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 15:52, Han, Shirley wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> Can any one tell me if the contents of the Subversion Repository can easily be indexed by Sharepoint for searching. Is it possible to search the trunk only? specific branches? Older revisions (not the head)?
> Thanks.

What are sharepoint's requirements for indexing something?  Does it need
to be mounted as a local disk?  In windows, you can mount your svn
repository as a read-only webfolder.  Is that enough?

Subversion branches and tags and trunk are all ordinary directories, so
they're all easily browsable.

Older revisions cannot be browsed unless you write a program that uses
the repository C API.