Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kyle Chipps <tr...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/20 21:01:10 UTC

FOP 2.1 Page numbering difference from .20.5

Hi

In upgrading from .20.5 to 2.1 the page numbering behavior of the attribute
initial-page-number seems to be different for me.  I was wondering if this
is the case for anyone else.

I have a single pdf file that contains multiple page sequences, they all
have the attribute "initial-page-number=1'  So for a 10 page document I
have page numbers 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5, 1/5, 2/5,3/5,4/5, and 5/5.

The numbering of fo:page-number and fo:page-number-citation are correct.
However when I open the document in adobe reader the page numbers are the
same as above.

This is different from .20.5.  The same situation where there are multiple
page sequences all setting initial-page-number to 1, the PDF reader would
count the pages from 1 to the end, and the fo:page numbers would count
according to the defined sequence.

This is causing problems when printing specific pages from PDF readers.  If
I choose print page 4, I may not get the expected output.  Has the behavior
of fo:initial-page-number changed since .20.5?

Thanks