Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2007/11/11 07:21:06 UTC

Site and parent changes

As I alluded to in my other mail, I did some work on making a top
level site. More work is needed, and I need to drag in the project
documentation itself, but I thought it'd be good to get some
feedback. It's all out of the way for right now.

It looks like this:
http://people.apache.org/~brett/new-archiva-site-mockup/

(don't mind the design so much - more about the content and emphasis,
though do note the easy popup for downloads when moused over :).

It's meant to be very simple, and once you download, you go off to
the documentation for the latest version for the guide. The
documentation will have the left nav that was introduced on trunk and
be basically self contained. You'll be able to get to docs for older
versions if you desire.

BTW, I also started to prepare trunk for making documentation instead
of a site (that can be bundled up and deployed at /docs/1.0 as I
discussed in the other mail). For this, I also introduced a shared
parent POM for Archiva in /parent. I haven't flipped trunk to use it
yet though. Any objections to me doing that? I can create an
externals archiva-all that will pull in trunk, parent and site if
that helps.

Thoughts, flames? All totally undoable, but I think this is the way
to go :)

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter - brett@apache.org

Re: Site and parent changes

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
+1
I like it!
I think we'll need a link to "other downloads" on that slideout download
box, tho.

- Joakim

Re: Site and parent changes

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
+1, I like it too
it's way more interesting than Archiva's competitors' sites ;-)

-Deng

Re: Site and parent changes

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: Site and parent changes