Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> on 2013/04/25 03:22:09 UTC

[VOTE] The 2nd hbase 0.94.7 release candidate is available for download

The 2nd 0.94.7 RC is available for download at http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.7-rc1/

Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328

This RC has 73 issues resolved against it, contributed by 27 individuals.
0.94.7 is primarily a bug fix release. Notable exceptions include:
HBASE-8176 Dynamic Schema Configurations
HBASE-7801 Allow a deferred sync option per Mutation

The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12324039

Please try out the RC, check out the doc, take it for a spin, etc, and vote +1/-1 by April 25th on whether we should release this as 0.94.7.
(Note that the only change compared to the first RC are license header changes in some test classes, so all previous testing still applies - hence the 1-day vote).

The release testing spreadsheet is available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdG9jbVNmWmhyeGJZeUo4MUdIMEEweEE#gid=0
(this the same spreadsheet that was used for the first RC)

Thanks.

-- Lars

Re: [VOTE] The 2nd hbase 0.94.7 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Carrying over testing observations from RC1. See our earlier discussion.
Checked the checksums on the files, eyeballed unpacked contents, looks good.

+1

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] The 2nd hbase 0.94.7 release candidate is available for download

Posted by James Taylor <jt...@salesforce.com>.
+1

Downloaded and installed on our internal dev cluster. Verified overall
performance and stability, along with "essential column family"
performance improvement (which is awesome, btw).

     James

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Thanks Stack.

________________________________

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Thanks J-D, Andy, and JM.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
No additional testing is required, just that noting obvious is amiss.
For reference this was build directly from the 0.94.7RC1 tag (latest change on that branch), in case somebody want to verify that.

HBASE-8260 is not new in the RC, jira was not marked correctly. I fixed that, so it looks like this is new in this RC (but it is not).
The status of HBASE-8352 has not changed (it was in the previous RC and is in this RC). So not sure what you are referring to...?

Thanks for checking, JM.

For the others... Please also have a quick look. I would like to release this today.

-- Lars
Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Lars,

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.