Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vijayendra bhati <ve...@yahoo.com> on 2016/04/13 13:38:25 UTC

Ignite Data Grid with write through mode to HDFS with layer of IGFS

Hi,
Can some body please provide me any pointers regarding how I can use Ignite Data Grid/ In Memory caching with write through/write behind mode and writing to HDFS ?
I know Ignite provides IGFS but its different from what I am looking for.
The other way could be I can use IGFS as my In Memory store but is it the right approach ?
Regards,Vijayendra Bhati

Re: Ignite Data Grid with write through mode to HDFS with layer of IGFS

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Vij,

Yes, cache store is normally used when you want to cache as much data from
it as possible. In your case you have two separate data processing modes -
one for hot data with possible caching, and another one for historical
data.
It seems to me that you could just put Ignite cache "near" operational data
storage and cache required data on demand, rather than implementing a real
Ignite store.

Vladimir.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Vij,

Posted by tomk <rr...@gmail.com>.
Could you tell more about  it ? How to do it ?

Re: Ignite Data Grid with write through mode to HDFS with layer of IGFS

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Vij,

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Vijayendra,