Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by ri...@cardsetc.com on 2001/04/23 03:52:28 UTC

Custom provider paradox?

Dear All,

How come when I replace 'java' (as the 'type' for 'isd:provider' in the
DeploymentDescriptor) with 'org.apache.soap.providers.RPCJavaProvider', I
get a NullPointerException thrown from RPCJavaProvider.invoke?

This is striking because, behind the scenes in RPCRouterServlet, this is
all that happens: if it sees 'java', it instantiates
'org.apache.soap.providers.RPCJavaProvider', if it sees something else, it
uses ServerUtils to load it.

Shouldn't these be equivalent things?

This is my first step towards implementing a custom provider, and I'm stuck
already! Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated,

Richard.