Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Lorenzo Thurman <lo...@thethurmans.com> on 2010/04/19 17:06:53 UTC

Help running ATG unit tests

Does anyone have any experience using Cactus to run unit tests for ATG? I found this page:
http://www.onwhichsubject.com/DynaCactus/

But it leaves much out. At least for me, a complete novice to both platforms.
I got Cactus installed and setup according to the instructions. I created the sample test shown on the page and tried to run it as a junit test, but I get this error:
org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Missing Cactus property[cactus.contextURL]

The page suggests that you setup a special ATG module that will run my tests, which I did.
I've created a cactus.properties file and place it in the WEB-INF folder of the test Dynamo project module setup to run my tests.
Can someone help me out here?
Thanks

"A good friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body"
--Unknown

Lorenzo Thurman
lorenzo@thethurmans.com

Re: Help running ATG unit tests

Posted by Lorenzo Thurman <lo...@thethurmans.com>.
Thank you, now I'm at the next error:
ClassNotFoundException for my tests. The class file in not being built.
Any ideas?

On Apr 19, 2010, at 11:00 AM, Ashish Aggarwal wrote:

> Hi Lorenzo:
>
> The error which you are getting "org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Missing Cactus property[cactus.contextURL]" is because of the missing cactus.contextURL property value. Though I dont know much about ATG but here is how you can setup this property in your cactified web application:
>
> Considering that you have a test class ApplicationDaoTest (basically a Junit class) which extends ServletTestCase, you can create a method in this class:
>
> 	public void begin(WebRequest request){
> 		request.addParameter("cactus.contextURL","http://localhost:9080/CisAccountEjbCactusTestSuite");
> 	}
>
> You will need to change the URL value to the appropriate value of your application.
>
> This should get you going.
>
> Regards
> Ashish
>
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Lorenzo Thurman <lo...@thethurmans.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience using Cactus to run unit tests for ATG? I found this page:
> http://www.onwhichsubject.com/DynaCactus/
>
> But it leaves much out. At least for me, a complete novice to both platforms.
> I got Cactus installed and setup according to the instructions. I created the sample test shown on the page and tried to run it as a junit test, but I get this error:
> org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Missing Cactus property[cactus.contextURL]
>
> The page suggests that you setup a special ATG module that will run my tests, which I did.
> I've created a cactus.properties file and place it in the WEB-INF folder of the test Dynamo project module setup to run my tests.
> Can someone help me out here?
> Thanks
>
> "A good friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body"
> --Unknown
>
> Lorenzo Thurman
> lorenzo@thethurmans.com

"Be careless in your dress if you will, but keep a tidy soul."
-- Sam Clemens

Lorenzo Thurman
lorenzo@thethurmans.com