Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Newham, Cameron" <ca...@bl.uk> on 2009/07/21 15:18:21 UTC

T5.1.0.5: StackMapTable format error

Hi,

I'm still trying to move to 5.1.0.5 but have had to fight quite a few
fires. I've finally wrestled it into getting my app up, but have now hit
a brick wall.

My Index page comes up fine when running my app from Jetty in Eclipse.
However, as soon as I attempt to log in and Tapestry tries to go to the
app "home" page I get a StackMapTable format error.

Can anyone tell me what this is or what might cause it. The only example
I can find on searching the list archive was someone who had their page
incorrectly named - that isn't the case here as my app was working fine
under 5.0.18.

I should point out that I've done a clean and a new build for my
project.

[INFO] AppModule.TimingFilter Request time: 735 ms

[ERROR] TapestryModule.RequestExceptionHandler Processing of request
failed with uncaught exception: StackMapTable format error: bad class

java.lang.ClassFormatError: StackMapTable format error: bad class index

      at
$Instantiator_1229d6a6aa0.newInstance($Instantiator_1229d6a6aa0.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.InternalComponentResourcesImpl.<
init>(InternalComponentResourcesImpl.java:132)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.<init>(
ComponentPageElementImpl.java:545)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.<init>(
ComponentPageElementImpl.java:564)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.ComponentAssemblerImpl.assembleRo
otComponent(ComponentAssemblerImpl.java:78)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl.loadPage(PageLoade
rImpl.java:159)

      at $PageLoader_1229d6a6a1d.loadPage($PageLoader_1229d6a6a1d.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PagePoolCache.checkout(PagePoolCa
che.java:210)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PagePoolImpl.checkout(PagePoolImp
l.java:99)

      at $PagePool_1229d6a6a1c.checkout($PagePool_1229d6a6a1c.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestPageCacheImpl.get(RequestP
ageCacheImpl.java:51)

      at
$RequestPageCache_1229d6a6a1b.get($RequestPageCache_1229d6a6a1b.java)

      at
$RequestPageCache_1229d6a6a1a.get($RequestPageCache_1229d6a6a1a.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ClassResultProcessor.processResul
tValue(ClassResultProcessor.java:48)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ClassResultProcessor.processResul
tValue(ClassResultProcessor.java:27)

      at
$ComponentEventResultProcessor_1229d6a6a9f.processResultValue($Component
EventResultProcessor_1229d6a6a9f.java)

      at
$ComponentEventResultProcessor_1229d6a6a7f.processResultValue($Component
EventResultProcessor_1229d6a6a7f.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentResultProcessorWrapper.h
andleResult(ComponentResultProcessorWrapper.java:42)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl$7.handl
eResult(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1053)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.EventImpl.storeResult(EventImpl.j
ava:74)

      at uk.bl.dportal.pages.Index.dispatchComponentEvent(Index.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.dispatc
hEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:902)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.trigger
ContextEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1081)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.InternalComponentResourcesImpl.t
riggerContextEvent(InternalComponentResourcesImpl.java:263)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form._$advised$onAction(Form.jav
a:405)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form$onAction$invocation_1229d6a
b47d.invokeAdvisedMethod(Form$onAction$invocation_1229d6ab47d.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AbstractComponentMethodInvocation
.proceed(AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.java:71)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.LoggingAdvice.advise(LoggingA
dvice.java:37)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.transform.LogWorker$1.advise(LogWorker.jav
a:54)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AbstractComponentMethodInvocation
.proceed(AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.java:80)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form.onAction(Form.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form.dispatchComponentEvent(Form
.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.dispatc
hEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:910)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.trigger
ContextEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1081)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentEventRequestHandlerImpl.
handle(ComponentEventRequestHandlerImpl.java:75)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ImmediateActionRenderResponseFilt
er.handle(ImmediateActionRenderResponseFilter.java:42)

      at
$ComponentEventRequestHandler_1229d6a6a9b.handle($ComponentEventRequestH
andler_1229d6a6a9b.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AjaxFilter.handle(AjaxFilter.java
:42)

      at
$ComponentEventRequestHandler_1229d6a6a9b.handle($ComponentEventRequestH
andler_1229d6a6a9b.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.upload.internal.services.UploadExceptionFilter.hand
le(UploadExceptionFilter.java:75)

      at
$ComponentEventRequestHandler_1229d6a6a9b.handle($ComponentEventRequestH
andler_1229d6a6a9b.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$36.handle(TapestryModule.ja
va:2164)

      at
$ComponentEventRequestHandler_1229d6a6a9b.handle($ComponentEventRequestH
andler_1229d6a6a9b.java)

      at
$ComponentEventRequestHandler_1229d6a6a7e.handle($ComponentEventRequestH
andler_1229d6a6a7e.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentRequestHandlerTerminator
.handleComponentEvent(ComponentRequestHandlerTerminator.java:43)

      at
$ComponentRequestHandler_1229d6a6a0f.handleComponentEvent($ComponentRequ
estHandler_1229d6a6a0f.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentEventDispatcher.dispatch
(ComponentEventDispatcher.java:46)

      at $Dispatcher_1229d6a6a14.dispatch($Dispatcher_1229d6a6a14.java)

      at $Dispatcher_1229d6a6a08.dispatch($Dispatcher_1229d6a6a08.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$RequestHandlerTerminator.se
rvice(TapestryModule.java:245)

      at uk.bl.dportal.services.AppModule$1.service(AppModule.java:104)

      at
$RequestFilter_1229d6a6a07.service($RequestFilter_1229d6a6a07.java)

      at
$RequestHandler_1229d6a6a09.service($RequestHandler_1229d6a6a09.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestErrorFilter.service(Reques
tErrorFilter.java:26)

      at
$RequestHandler_1229d6a6a09.service($RequestHandler_1229d6a6a09.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$4.service(TapestryModule.ja
va:778)

      at
$RequestHandler_1229d6a6a09.service($RequestHandler_1229d6a6a09.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$3.service(TapestryModule.ja
va:767)

      at
$RequestHandler_1229d6a6a09.service($RequestHandler_1229d6a6a09.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.StaticFilesFilter.service(StaticF
ilesFilter.java:85)

      at
$RequestHandler_1229d6a6a09.service($RequestHandler_1229d6a6a09.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(Ch
eckForUpdatesFilter.java:90)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(Ch
eckForUpdatesFilter.java:81)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.ConcurrentBarrier.withRead(Concur
rentBarrier.java:85)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter.service(Che
ckForUpdatesFilter.java:103)

      at
$RequestHandler_1229d6a6a09.service($RequestHandler_1229d6a6a09.java)

      at
$RequestHandler_1229d6a69fe.service($RequestHandler_1229d6a69fe.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$HttpServletRequestHandlerTe
rminator.service(TapestryModule.java:197)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.upload.internal.services.MultipartServletRequestFil
ter.service(MultipartServletRequestFilter.java:44)

      at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_1229d6a6a00.service($HttpServletRequestHandle
r_1229d6a6a00.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.gzip.GZipFilter.service(GZipFilter.java:53
)

      at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_1229d6a6a00.service($HttpServletRequestHandle
r_1229d6a6a00.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.IgnoredPathsFilter.service(Ignore
dPathsFilter.java:62)

      at
$HttpServletRequestFilter_1229d6a69fc.service($HttpServletRequestFilter_
1229d6a69fc.java)

      at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_1229d6a6a00.service($HttpServletRequestHandle
r_1229d6a6a00.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$2.service(TapestryModule.ja
va:726)

      at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_1229d6a6a00.service($HttpServletRequestHandle
r_1229d6a6a00.java)

      at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_1229d6a69fa.service($HttpServletRequestHandle
r_1229d6a69fa.java)

      at
org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter.doFilter(TapestryFilter.java:127)

      at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHan
dler.java:1084)

      at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)

      at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:2
16)

      at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

      at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:722)

      at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:404)

      at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

      at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)

      at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.j
ava:842)

      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:648)

      at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

      at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)

      at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:
395)

      at
org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.ja
va:450)

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

The British Library's new interactive Annual Report and Accounts 2007/08 : www.bl.uk/knowledge

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.

RE: T5.1.0.5: StackMapTable format error

Posted by "Newham, Cameron" <ca...@bl.uk>.
Thanks.

I'm gradually getting a grip on Maven and how to set up dependencies.

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

Posted by "Newham, Cameron" <ca...@bl.uk>.
Very odd.

I based my comment on what I observed in the M2 POM editor dependencies
tab...

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Newham, Cameron" <ca...@bl.uk>.
Thanks Thiago, although it turned out to be because I'm using Java 1.6
and I had an old(ish) version of Javassist being brought in as a
dependency from tapestry-ioc that wants javassist-3.4.GA.

Specifying the latest Javassist (3.8.GA) in my POM solved the problem.

I note that I found this out from an email sent by Howard in 2007
addressing a query on StackMapTable error. I find it somewhat surprising
that this problem still occurs in 2009. Surely Tapestry 5.1.x should be
using the latest Javassist...

Em Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:18:21 -0300, Newham, Cameron
<ca...@bl.uk>
escreveu:

> Hi,

Hi!

> My Index page comes up fine when running my app from Jetty in Eclipse.
> However, as soon as I attempt to log in and Tapestry tries to go to
the
> app "home" page I get a StackMapTable format error.

Typically, strange errors are caused by having more than one version of

the same library in your classpath. You can also try to recompile all
the
classes.

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.