Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jacob Vennervald Madsen <jv...@gopinocchio.com> on 2002/02/12 09:57:53 UTC

Keeping the address in the address field of the browser

Hi List

How can I configure my Apache server so that the address in the address
field of the browser doesn't change when a link is clicked?

For example if I enter www.mydomain.com in my browser it will take me to
that site.
But normaly if I click a link pointing to
www.mydomain.com/pages/newpage.html the browser will write this in the
address field.
How do I configure Apache so I keep www.mydomain.com in the address
field?

Jacob Vennervald

Posted by waldo kitty <wk...@alltel.net>.
one way is to use frames...

Jacob Vennervald Madsen wrote:

> Hi List
>
> How can I configure my Apache server so that the address in the address
> field of the browser doesn't change when a link is clicked?
>
> For example if I enter www.mydomain.com in my browser it will take me to
> that site.
> But normaly if I click a link pointing to
> www.mydomain.com/pages/newpage.html the browser will write this in the
> address field.
> How do I configure Apache so I keep www.mydomain.com in the address
> field?
>
> Jacob Vennervald

       _\/

Re: Keeping the address in the address field of the browser

Posted by "Alex Blundell (aj)" <al...@btinternet.com>.
You could allways use a frame so that whenever you click a link the address
in the adress bar doesnt change.. But i dont kow why you would want to.

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.