Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/06/11 06:43:45 UTC

Re: sessions with IE6 - browsers opened from within a single browser

Browsers opened from an opened browser window using something like ctrl+n
or window.open() will open within the same memory space.  Browser opened by
clicking on the icon are opened up in a new memory space.  However, I have
also seen some weirdness with session sharing in, supposedly, separate
memory space, so your mileage may vary.

In any case, you should be ok if your instances of tomcat are in totally
separate domains since the cookies should not be shared across domains.  If
this is not the case, then you are definitely going to have problems.

Jake