Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Neo Anderson <ne...@googlemail.com> on 2008/02/20 08:12:32 UTC

Caching of Gadget xml file

Suppose that I am developing a gadget. So, I have to make some modifications
to the xml frequently. Even if I modify that xml file, I'm not able to view
the new result because of caching of that gadget xml file. How can I disable
caching of xml file?

Re: Caching of Gadget xml file

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
Currently shindig doesn't have a mechanism to completely bypass the cache
"out of the box", but our default cache isn't really suitable for production
use at this point in time. You can temporarily bypass (but not invalidate)
the cache by passing "nocache=1" in the iframe url. You can always implement
your own cache, of course, but you'd also need to implement your own
CrossServletState implementation to wire it up correctly.

This is a shortcoming of the current code base. Feel free to open a JIRA
ticket on the issue as it is something that we need to address in the
relatively near future.

--
~Kevin

If you received this email by mistake, please delete it, cancel your mail
account, destroy your hard drive, silence any witnesses, and burn down the
building that you're in.

Re: Caching of Gadget xml file

Posted by Dan Peterson <dp...@google.com>.
I believe you can just add &nocache=1 to the the URL that is rendering the
gadget (contains "ifr")

-Dan

Posted by Neo Anderson <ne...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by artemy tregoubenko <at...@gmail.com>.