Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexei Martchenko <al...@superdownloads.com.br> on 2011/09/02 16:35:34 UTC

Re: how can we do the solr scheduling in windows o/s?

Under administrative Tools, select Task Scheduler.

New task, action: Run program/script, then you can call a java command line
like java -jar something.jar

the sheduler itself is pretty good, but the tasks it can perform are too
few.. but it can run java programs via command line.

2011/9/2 vighnesh <sv...@gmail.com>

> hi all
>
>  anyone can specify the procedure for solr scheduling in windoes o/s?
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#HTTPPostScheduler i know
> this
> link but i need cron job like procedure in windows .
>

> Regards,
>
> Ganesh.

*Alexei Martchenko* | *CEO* | Superdownloads
alexei@superdownloads.com.br | alexei@martchenko.com.br | (11)
5083.1018/5080.3535/5080.3533

Re: how can we do the solr scheduling in windows o/s?

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
We are going to be posting a Solr Command Utility - Windows version.

https://github.com/justengland/Solr-Command-Utility

It is a work in progress. Next step is to document it.

1. Use it to force a DIH full or delta index.
2. It works with 2 cores. A primary core does the indexing, and if
there are no errors it will SWAP the core.
3. It checks for a good index and will either email on failure or on success.
4. The log of the index is sent with the email.

It also works with SQL Server 2008 and you can set it up as a job (do
full index setup, then run it as job 2).

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Alexei Martchenko
<al...@superdownloads.com.br> wrote:
> Under administrative Tools, select Task Scheduler.
>
> New task, action: Run program/script, then you can call a java command line
> like java -jar something.jar
>
> the sheduler itself is pretty good, but the tasks it can perform are too
> few.. but it can run java programs via command line.
>
> 2011/9/2 vighnesh <sv...@gmail.com>
>
>> hi all
>>
>>  anyone can specify the procedure for solr scheduling in windoes o/s?
>>
>>  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#HTTPPostScheduler i know
>> this
>> link but i need cron job like procedure in windows .
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Ganesh.
>>
>> --

> *Alexei Martchenko* | *CEO* | Superdownloads
> alexei@superdownloads.com.br | alexei@martchenko.com.br | (11)
> 5083.1018/5080.3535/5080.3533

--
Bill Bell