Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by cyang2010 <ys...@hotmail.com> on 2011/05/07 03:40:44 UTC

edismax available in solr 3.1?

Hi,

is edixmax available in solr 3.1?  I don't see any documentation about it.

if it is, does it support the prefix and fuzzy query?

Thanks,

cy

Re: edismax available in solr 3.1?

Posted by Grijesh <pi...@gmail.com>.
See this
http://www.gettingahead.co.in/blogwp/2011/03/technical/solr/shalini/some-info-about-extended-dismax-query-parser/

-----
Thanx:
Grijesh
www.gettinhahead.co.in

Re: edismax available in solr 3.1?

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Jan, is there already an issue for that?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: It's already much better than the old dismax, and probably more stable.
: If you do not require the ability to lock down what fields people should
: be allowed to search for, I suggest you start using it right away. If
: you require to lock that down, I suggest you help out finishing that
: part of eDismax and then use it :)

Right ... the reason it's marked "experimental" in 3.1 is because there is
are still open questions as to what the "default" behavior should be,
and what new params should be added to change that behavior, which may
change between now and whenever edismax is no longer marked "experimental"

But the code most certainly works, and works well -- otherwise we wouldn't
have included it in 3.1...

-Hoss

Re: edismax available in solr 3.1?

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
It's already much better than the old dismax, and probably more stable.
If you do not require the ability to lock down what fields people should be allowed to search for, I suggest you start using it right away. If you require to lock that down, I suggest you help out finishing that part of eDismax and then use it :)

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect

Posted by cyang2010 <ys...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> is edixmax available in solr 3.1?  I don't see any
> documentation about it.
>
> if it is, does it support the prefix and fuzzy query?

Yes and yes. See snippet taken from changes.txt

New Features

* SOLR-1553: New dismax parser implementation (accessible as "edismax")
  that supports full lucene syntax, improved reserved char escaping,
  fielded queries, improved proximity boosting, and improved stopword
  handling. Note: status is experimental for now. (yonik)