Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Anu Padki <AM...@lbl.gov> on 2005/10/17 23:33:49 UTC

how to debug the myfaces code

pardon me, I am so new to jsf and myfaces.
I am trying to use some components, the way I do it is by downloading
tomahawk.jar. However, I dont like the fact that when the things go wrong I
cannot figure out which piece of the s/w is not working. I am wondering if
some one can inform me on how to and from where download the source and
make it part of my own application/prject.
Thanks for the help.
- Anu

Re: how to debug the myfaces code

Posted by Ramon Casha <rc...@waldonet.net.mt>.
I use NetBeans 5.0. It allows me to debug from my webapps right into the
MyFaces code. Just download the MyFaces sources, create a freeform project
for MyFaces using the supplied build.xml files and make your application
dependent on it.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Anu Padki wrote:
> pardon me, I am so new to jsf and myfaces.
> I am trying to use some components, the way I do it is by downloading
> tomahawk.jar. However, I dont like the fact that when the things go
> wrong I cannot figure out which piece of the s/w is not working. I am
> wondering if some one can inform me on how to and from where download
> the source and make it part of my own application/prject.
> Thanks for the help.
> - Anu

Basically the sourcecode is hosted on the apache subversion server,
and you can build the code with ANT, the build process is very easy
you just download the code and do a build all.

There are several good tutorials on how to start the build process within your ide.

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Building_MyFaces_in_your_IDE

I personally use Eclipse and for debugging purposes I just dump the affected
code into my actual project.
(Vice versa for JSF development I have a dummy webapp in the JSF hierarchy
so that I can avoid the ant cycles)

Werner