Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rory Winston <rw...@eircom.net> on 2007/01/29 00:08:56 UTC

[net] Latest 2.0 RC Ready

(Resending as I left out commons-user)

Hi all

I have cut a new RC, with some changes and fixes, many of which were
distribution-related and suggested by Niall earlier (thanks Niall).

RC (minus MD5s etc for now) is here:

http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/

Some users have been testing out this 2.0 branch for a while, so I'm
going to kick off a vote pretty soon.

Any comments welcome.

Cheers
Rory

Re: [net] Latest 2.0 RC Ready

Posted by Rory Winston <rw...@eircom.net>.
Julius

Possibly - the validation behaviour is pluggable in FTPSClient, so you
can validate on whatever the user wishes

Thanks
Rory

Re: [net] Latest 2.0 RC Ready

Posted by Julius Davies <ju...@gmail.com>.

--
yours,

Julius Davies
416-652-0183
http://juliusdavies.ca/

Re: [net] Latest 2.0 RC Ready

Posted by Rory Winston <rw...@eircom.net>.
Thanks Niall

I've actually fixed most of these, I just havent cut an RC with the
changes yet. I'm tempted to wait until commons-parent-2 gets released
before I call a vote on [net] again, as it seems to be pretty much there.

Rory

Re: [net] Latest 2.0 RC Ready

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: [net] Latest 2.0 RC Ready

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28/01/07, Rory Winston <rw...@eircom.net> wrote:
> (Resending as I left out commons-user)
>
> Hi all
>
> I have cut a new RC, with some changes and fixes, many of which were
> distribution-related and suggested by Niall earlier (thanks Niall).
>
> RC (minus MD5s etc for now) is here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/
>
> Some users have been testing out this 2.0 branch for a while, so I'm
> going to kick off a vote pretty soon.
>
> Any comments welcome.

Some of the source files don't seem to have the correct license.
For example:

AllTests.java - no license
TelnetTestSimpleServer.java - old license, with copyright years

Looks like it is mainly (only?) the test tree that is affected.

[There also seem to be a few classnames that start with lower-case
letters, but there's probably not a lot can be done about that now.]

S///