Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Michael Felt <ai...@felt.demon.nl> on 2018/01/25 18:45:10 UTC

APR - effect on modules creation when apr built with --enable-shared=no

A) since APR does not support dual-mode builds - I thought I would try
building the libapr-1.a as static content (.o files inside) rather than
as "shared" - and save me an installation dependency. Seemed to be working.

b) When I build httpd - it completes, but all the libexec files are *.la
and *.a (the .a files have a .o inside).

c) the httpd.conf continues to want to LoadModule '.so' files.

For the libexec modules - I am happy with (actually want) .so format. Is
there something I can change (manually) in apr (e.g., ,in apr-1-config)
to make sure libtool does that (or thinking a bit firther, iirc there is
a libtool-1 file in apr. Maybe the magic I need is there.

If not, or even if it is in libtool-1 (or build-1) - would appreciate
confirmation of suggested change.

regards,

Michael