Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Alexis Agahi <al...@users.sf.net> on 2003/11/06 22:19:12 UTC

CVS Merlin build failed?

Using current CVS on Lunox

Any clues?

---------

+----------------------------------------
| Installing: Avalon Composition Framework
| Memory: 18M/23M
+----------------------------------------

java:prepare-filesystem:

java:compile:
    [echo] Build: avalon-composition-impl-20031106.211551
    [echo] Compiling to
/home/Al/works/avalon/merlin/composition/impl/target/classes
    [javac] Compiling 28 source files to
/home/Al/works/avalon/merlin/composition/impl/target/classes
/home/Al/works/avalon/merlin/composition/impl/src/java/org/apache/avalon/composition/data/writer/XMLDeploymentProfileWriter.java:117:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method getConfiguration ()
location: class org.apache.avalon.composition.data.DeploymentProfile
         && ( isEmptyConfiguration( profile.getConfiguration() ) ) && (
profile.getParameters() == null ))
                                           ^
/home/Al/works/avalon/merlin/composition/impl/src/java/org/apache/avalon/composition/data/writer/XMLDeploymentProfileWriter.java:117:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method getParameters ()
location: class org.apache.avalon.composition.data.DeploymentProfile
         && ( isEmptyConfiguration( profile.getConfiguration() ) ) && (
profile.getParameters() == null ))

^
/home/Al/works/avalon/merlin/composition/impl/src/java/org/apache/avalon/composition/data/writer/XMLDeploymentProfileWriter.java:154:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method getConfiguration ()
location: class org.apache.avalon.composition.data.DeploymentProfile
        writeConfiguration( writer, profile.getConfiguration(), pad );
                                           ^

Re: CVS Merlin build failed?

Posted by Alexis Agahi <al...@users.sf.net>.
On Thursday 06 November 2003 23:49, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Alexis Agahi wrote:
> >Using current CVS on Lunox
> >
> >Any clues?
>
> No.
>
> I've just gone though and cleaned my system, checked against CVS for
> diffs (and the only thing there is some messing around I've been doing
> on the repository stuff), did a rebuild and everything built fine.
>
> What I don't understand is:
>

> org/apache/avalon/composition/data/writer/XMLDeploymentProfileWriter.java:1
>17: cannot resolve symbol
>   symbol  : method getConfiguration ()
>   location: class org.apache.avalon.composition.data.DeploymentProfile
>          && ( isEmptyConfiguration( profile.getConfiguration() ) ) && (
>   profile.getParameters() == null ))
>
> DeploymentProfile.getConfiguration() hasn't changed - and its certainly in
> the sources.  Could you do me a favour and do a clean checkout and see what
> happens?

ok after clean checkout it works (pff sorry, I was probably building the
project using old class/jar build).

Re: CVS Merlin build failed?

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Alexis Agahi wrote:

>Using current CVS on Lunox
>
>Any clues?

No.

I've just gone though and cleaned my system, checked against CVS for
diffs (and the only thing there is some messing around I've been doing
on the repository stuff), did a rebuild and everything built fine.

What I don't understand is:

  org/apache/avalon/composition/data/writer/XMLDeploymentProfileWriter.java:117:
  cannot resolve symbol
  symbol  : method getConfiguration ()
  location: class org.apache.avalon.composition.data.DeploymentProfile
         && ( isEmptyConfiguration( profile.getConfiguration() ) ) && (
  profile.getParameters() == null ))

DeploymentProfile.getConfiguration() hasn't changed - and its certainly in the sources.  Could you do me a favour and do a clean checkout and see what happens?

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org