Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Joshua D. Drake" <jd...@commandprompt.com> on 2002/09/06 19:50:48 UTC

Seting Classpath for Virtual Hosts with Tomcat 3.3.1

Hello,

  I am running RedHat 7.3, Apache 1.3.26 and Tomcat-3.3.1. I am having
problems getting Tomcat to pick up new
classpaths for virtual hosts. We can successfully run jsp files from the
virtual hosts but once we try to add a class
(for JavaBeans in this case) it fails.

  Here is my apps-vhosts.xml:

<Server>
 <Host name="dev.sflsoccer.us">
  <Context path=""
        docBase="/home/vhosting/sfl/htdocs/"
        debug="5"
        />
 </Host>
</Server>

Also I have the following lines in my tomcat.properties:

wrapper.path=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/home/vhosting/sfl/bin:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0_01/bin
wrapper.classpath=@JSERV_CLASSES@:@JSDK_CLASSES@:/home/vhosting/sfl/htdocs

Normally I would call to a separate class directory but I am just trying
to get it to work at this point.
I also added the following to my tomcat3.conf although it is my
understanding that tomcat3 doesn't
care about shell variables for the classpath:

CLASSPATH=/home/vhosting/sfl/htdocs/classes:/home/vhostings/sfl/htdocs
export CLASSPATH

Help would be greatly appreciated,

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake